A world class manufacturing company at the forefront of technology currently require an experienced Facilities Technician to join their Facilities team. You will be part of the team who are responsible for provision of services to keep the site in a fully functional condition 24 hours per day to ensure manufacturing is not interrupted. The Facilities team also maintain and monitor all systems, such as electricity, water, extract systems and environmental conditions (HVAC/Air conditioning etc.). This role will be working alternating day and night shifts - two weeks on nights (7pm to 7am) then two weeks on days (7am to 7pm).
In return, you will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary and benefits package within a collaborative and friendly environment!
- Ability to carry out fault finding and fault rectification on electrical, mechanical and pneumatic systems, often using the site BMS (Building Management System) to assist with plant operation and identification of problems
- Operation of Facilities plant and equipment and interrogation of site BMS system
- Perform and record the results of both planned preventive maintenance and unplanned maintenance on facilities plant and equipment using facilities CMMS
- Routine monitoring of facilities systems recording shift readings measurements and responding to OCAPS (out-of-control action plan)
- Performing mechanical and/or electrical repairs to plant and equipment either in-situ or utilising workshop facilities
- Responding to site alarms and acting appropriately to ensure condition is rectified as soon as possible
- Perform environmental testing within the cleanroom areas
- As part of a team or working on own initiative, ensure scheduled and non routine maintenance is completed correctly and effectively
- Use various tools to find the root causes of system failures and carry out or assist in the containment/improvement actions
- Take ownership of assigned areas and proactively drive improvements in energy and operational metrics
- Liaise with Manufacturing/R & M to ensure customer needs are fully met
- Mentoring of colleagues and sharing of expertise to improve the skill and knowledge of the group
- Carry out repairs on various electrical and mechanical systems (pumps, fans, boilers, chillers, pipes, etc)
- Routine testing on a variety of life safety systems including sprinkler and fire alarm systems among others
- Carry out training in all areas as required including but not limited to steam, BA, Spill, ERT, BMS, VA, Thermal imaging, etc.
Education and experience
- Engineering Apprenticeship served with HNC or equivalent (desirable) in electrical/mechanical, engineering or a facilities related field
- Experience within the facilities department in a manufacturing environment
- Preferably five years’ experience including electrical/mechanical fault finding & repair (pumps, fans, steam, etc)