As a leader in the Engineering department, you will be working with other Engineering Managers and Principal Engineers to empower the engineering teams that enable the company to deliver its mission to reduce consumer harm by making life simpler, fairer, and safer.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team you’ll work collaboratively with other team members to set the vision for their delivery squads and translate that vision into clear, focused deliverables. You’ll help the team meet high standards for the quality, security, accessibility, and architecture of the software they ship.
As part of the broader engineering leadership team, you’ll also contribute to the wider technology strategy and help deliver as a department.
The emphasis of this role is on managing the teams but realise most successful candidates will still want to remain somewhat hands-on so there will also be a hands-on element. You can’t know everything but we’re looking for deep experience in a range of areas:
- Front End technologies e.g., React.js, Typescript, HTML5, CSS & SASS (Product teams)
- Back End technologies e.g., Java Kotlin/Spring Boot/GraphQL (Platform team)
- Mobile technologies e.g., React Native, Typescript, CSS & SASS (Mobile team)
- CDNs, currently CloudFront
- Cloud infrastructure, predominantly AWS
- CI/CD best practice and tooling e.g., CircleCI, Travis CI, Jenkins
- SQL, Redis, Graph, and other DB technologies
- Experience of API design and best practices, using both REST and GraphQL
- Observability tools e.g., NewRelic, AirBrake, Sentry
Engineering Managers will also be able to demonstrate the following experience over their careers:
- Working as part of a broader technology leadership team
- Contributing to Tech Strategies
- Participation in product discovery
- Planning, designing, and measuring the impact of new features and changes
- Working with modern design patterns to build cloud-native solutions
- Experience working directly with senior stakeholders
- Interviewing and hiring
- Line management or mentoring
- Experience driving commercial outcomes
For immediate consideration and a confidential chat, click “Apply” today.
Please note, that we can only accept applications from candidates based in the UK, who have no working restrictions or sponsorship requirements.