IntaPeople are looking for an Embedded Systems/Software Engineer to take a leading role within a project team. You will have technical responsibility for the design, development, and evaluation of embedded systems for use in a selection of products.
This role will involve working with other engineers, suppliers and customer in a cross-functional project environment, ensuring that the objectives and scope of projects are met successfully.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Capture and analyse the requirements for the embedded system(s)
- Act as key person to other stakeholders to build up the technical requirements for the product, and identify/research suitable approaches and architectural solutions that can satisfy the project goals (schedule, cost, quality, etc.)
- Produce and develop technical documentation to describe the system design
- Create and maintain detailed system and software specifications, using appropriate techniques and visual models. These specifications may be design proposals, or an explanation of agreed and realised solutions. Expected to lead technical reviews with stakeholders to critique and improve these designs and ensure that they are technically realistic and viable.
- Design, produce and maintain embedded code
- Produce software modules in accordance with the architectural design requirements, using appropriate model-based design tools and conventions. Lead reviews with other engineers to assess the quality of software designs.
- Plan and undertake verification testing of modules and integrated systems
- Determine the testing approach to evaluate the embedded solution(s), working with other team members to produce test plans. Conduct tests in accordance with plans, ensuring that the systems function as expected and the technical integrity is safeguarded. Identify any countermeasures and improvements for issues such as evaluation failures, bugs and changes in requirements.
- Manage the delivery of the embedded system and software at trial stages, and into production
- Control and monitor team plans/schedules for the delivery of embedded systems and software across multiple projects. Co-ordinate with Project Management and report on progress. Managing the scope, cost, risks, issues, and ensure that the quality of the embedded system and software developments meet the required standards.
- Provide necessary information for technical and strategic meetings
- Work with other stakeholders towards a common goal, providing specialist knowledge/expertise and communication of activities. Lead/contribute to relevant development meetings, both internal and with external suppliers and customers.
- Research developments in new technology, advise on methods and industry approaches to improve the Embedded Systems processes.
Skills & Experience
- Degree level qualification in a System or Software Engineering discipline
- 3 years relevant industry experience, or at least 5 years relevant industry experience in a similar role.
- Programming and code development practices (e.g., Embedded C).
- Processes, quality systems and standards for embedded systems and software development (e.g., IEC 60730).
- Requirements management, elicitation, and validation.
- Methods and techniques for system and software architecture and module design.
- Project management
- Modelling and Simulation tools and techniques for systems/software engineering (e.g., Matlab, Simulink).
- Office applications for report writing and technical documentation and UI development.
- Digital and analogue embedded systems (sensors, display technologies, communication, and bus protocols) (e.g., I2C, LIN).
- Techniques and methodologies for verification testing.