Southampton 2 days p/week - rest of the time remote
3 months initially - Inside IR35
We are looking urgently seeking a DevOps Engineer with a passion for CI/CD to join our client for a 3 month contract. You will need to have in-depth experience with a variety of CI/CD tools and technologies, including GitHub Actions, GitLab CI, Jenkins, and TeamCity. You will join an initiative leading the strategic migration of our source control and CI/CD pipelines to GitHub/GitHub Actions.
- Provide support and direction to our engineering squads, migrating from GitLab and Bitbucket to GitHub.
- Lead the migration of multiple CI/CD pipelines from GitLab CI to GitHub Actions. While focus for this contract role is on the migration away from GitLab CI, you will be required to consider future migration of our teams using Jenkins and Team City also.
- Establish technical best practices and patterns for the use of GitHub Actions and a scalable, target architecture for Runners operating across multiple engineering teams.
- Partner with engineering teams to provide technical direction, design and hands-on build effort.
- Work with engineers to troubleshoot CI/CD issues.
- Automate tasks and processes using scripting languages, such as Python and Bash.
- Improve efficiency and reduce time to market by integrating CI/CD best practices where required.
- Develop patterns for other CI/CD tools such as Nexus and JFrog Artifactory.
- In time this may extend to the migration of our pipelines running Jenkins and TeamCity.
Technical Skills and experience
Ideal skills mix includes:
- 3+ years of experience in DevOps engineering.
- Strong Experience of Git, GitHub, GitHub Actions and Gitlab CI.
- Experience of other CI/CD tools and technologies, such as Jenkins and TeamCity.
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python, Ruby or Bash.
- Strong understanding of software development principles and Git workflows.
Nice to haves would include:
- Amazon Web Services.
- Kubernetes experience.
- Linux (preferably Ubuntu.
- Terraform or other IaC tool.
- Exposure to Information security principles and application security testing tools