Desktop Support / Service Desk Analyst - Cardiff
£175-190 p/day paid through an umbrella company
If you have a current Enhanced DBS check and can work onsite at our Cardiff education sector client we'd love to hear from you urgently.
If you only have a DBS (not enhanced), or have previously worked at a school or college in the past, please get in touch too.
This is an incredibly impactful role in a successful, mission driven B2B company. You will have growth opportunities and be able to collaborate closely with other creative and engaged team members.
Based at our Customer site in Cardiff Centre. Their Desktop Support Technicians are responsible for supporting our customers’ needs and the daily management of our proactive and reactive monitoring software. This will include tasks such as call logging and troubleshooting issues and resolving support queries or diagnosing issues where possible. This will be done by responding to both calls, emails, and face to face enquiries.
This is a customer facing role. Please note that this position needs you to complete an enhanced DBS check.
• Assist our customers with their questions about supported software and platforms, ensuring adherence to company processes and SLAs/OLAs.
• Log all related service desk tickets on our ticket logging system
• Desktop software and hardware repairs
• Support other service desk operations as required.
• Communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with company stakeholders (e.g. customer, third party, internal customers).
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and customers.
• Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role
Ideal Experience and Skills:
• Experience of working in a technical customer service support role (desktop)
• Great Customer Services skills, face to face, phone and email based.
• Exposure to working to SLA’s (Service Level Agreements)
• Knowledge of Microsoft, Active directory and Office 365.
• Strong organisational skills
• Excellent communication skills (written, face to face and by telephone)
• Strong customer service and engagement skills, able to engage with different levels of stakeholders/users (e.g. Employee to C Level)
• Strong prioritisation, decision making and problem-solving skills.
• Keep up to date with continuous professional development and industry trends
If this sounds like you please apply now for an immediate response, thanks!