Senior Design Engineer
£40,000 - £42,000 per annum plus benefits
I have a brand-new opportunity for a Senior Design Engineer working for a client I have had the pleasure of recruiting for over the last 10 years. This business is one of the largest manufacturers of its kind creating bespoke products with state-of-the-art facilities in the Southwest of England.
As a business they offer cutting edge technology and modern machinery to manufacture a wide variety of sophisticated valves and pumps.
With over 50 years of experience in the design and manufacturer of products they continue to focus on being a number one supplier always exceeding customer expectations.
As Senior Design Engineer you will have active involvement in managing various Engineering projects with minimum supervision. This includes performing detail design and development work from initial concept through to production and release.
Duties and responsibilities
- Performing detailed design and development work from initial concept through to production release
- Preparation of schemes, detail drawings, customer drawings and test specifications against major projects, drafts work orders and enquiries using the company CAD system.
- Assist with project work by ordering prototype parts and test equipment issuing test specification and liaison with customers direct or via the sales department.
- Liaise with and instruct laboratory technicians in development tests, analyse test results, and prepare test reports.
- Initiate and action Engineering Change Notes and Drawing Office Alterations.
- Evaluate Production Concessions and carry out of any associated actions.
- Resolution of production problems in conjunction with other members of staff.
- Use and development of computer programs for product design and development for project control.
Experience and qualifications required.
- HND in Mechanical Engineering
- Ideally you will have experience gained in the Fluid Power Industry, but extensive experience in a related industry will also be acceptable.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- 2D and 3D CAD skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office