IntaPeople are working with an FTSE100 client who is seeking a Data Engineer to add to their team initially for 6 months (possible extension). Receiving funding last year, this project is all about protecting content from theft and it will be looking at lots of data sources, the role will require a lot of self-starting ability – picking up from a lot of data sources.
As the Data Engineer, you will perform moderate data management and analysis tasks within a specific functional area or data type. Providing direct input to project plans as relates to assigned data-related activities and objectives. requiring in-depth knowledge and experience of functional arear or data type to problem solve. You will be communicating extensively with both internal and/or external customers and management regarding a wide range of data-related topics.
To apply for the Data Engineer role, you will be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- Experience working within an environment with a lot of data sources
- Experience manipulating data, using various tools (Python, Scala, R or any others)
- Working through problems without a lot of assistance.
- Able to build databases and respond to analysts.
- Proficiency with development languages (such as SQL, UNIX, Linux, XML, ECL, HPCC, SALT)
- Proficiency with various data types and formats including, but not limited to XML, flat files, delimited, etc.
- Strong proficiency with data analysis tools and processes.
- Excellent proofreading skills to see how data and facts can be linked together to create more meaningful conclusions.
- Strong ability and desire to learn new processes, tools, and technologies.
- Good problem solving and research skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
As a Data Engineer, if you have used data bricks to access data sets, used the tool to solve problems, you will hold a strong advantage. As well as using tableau & adobe for reporting will be strongly favoured.
Working from home, candidates must be UK based. Please note, this role is deemed inside IR35.