Cyber Security Engineer - Cardiff - £40,000-60,000
About the company…
Our client are completing multiple transformations. The technical teams keep the company at the forefront of technology and as the company scales in projects and size, they have an exciting IT department that are constantly thinking of new ways to improve their functions.
Within the security team, they are creating a secure and robust environment where they can protect their internal and external users. By bringing the security responsibilities in-house they have control over how they utilise the security toolkits and are looking for a few Cyber Security Engineers from a mid to senior level to maintain the security technologies and the company as a whole.
You have a security mindset across multiple functions; endpoint management, IDS/IPS, Anti-Malware, email and internet filtering etc. If there’s one you are more skilled in, that’s absolutely fine, as with the capabilities across the security teams, there will be the chance to develop further skills from likeminded individuals. You’ll have a desire to work within cloud based technologies and help support security systems within a virtual capacity.
What you’ll be doing…
The Cyber Security Engineers for this company sit alongside the infrastructure teams; supporting the architecture and environment that they are helping to build. You’ll be implementing, maintaining and configuring security tools and platforms; creating policy changes, completing constant monitoring, preparing status reports and identifying / resolving issues.
As the cyber security team work in a collaborative manner, you will be able to assist with wider information security projects; helping with IR, consulting from a security mindset across other departments within the business and develop new security toolkits alongside architects.
What we’re ideally looking for…
* Experience working within a cyber security team utilising a technical skillset.
* Ability to work with multiple security products (SIEMs like AlienVault, LogRhythm, Splunk / vulnerability scanners like Nessus, Wireshark / IDS and IPS tools like NSFocus, Darktrace, Snort etc) from implementation to configuration and support.
* A strong background across endpoint detection, firewall ruling, anti-malware solutions and protecting against a large infrastructure.
* Maintain a pro-active approach to cyber security, constantly evolving the toolkits to deal with potential threats.
* Experience working within cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) and virtual environments (VMware, HyperV etc)
* Any certifications (although not essential) within cyber security is always a bonus; think SANs, CISSP, CISM, CompTIA, CEH or AWS Security etc
Our client are flexible on experience, obviously the more you have the better but if you see this role as the next step in your career feel free to reach out and apply; as long as you’ve got a passion for cyber security, a good base knowledge our client are happy to develop your skills further.
Apply, apply and apply, we’ll see how suitable you are and then get in touch to tell you more about the opportunity