A leader in advanced energy engineering innovations require a Buyer/Purchasing Assistant to join their team, reporting to the Engineering Manager. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, pro-active, and capable of working under pressure, with the ability to work to tight time scales taking ownership of problems and the steps to resolve them.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Creating and managing purchase orders
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure the continuity of supply.
- Updating of reports and spreadsheets, including stock levels, stock takes and other generic procurement processes.
- Ordering of goods and expediting purchase orders to ensure on time delivery whilst maintaining quality levels.
- Building relationships with key suppliers and ensure all trades are recorded.
- Managing the upkeep of purchasing data and parts files in Excel.
- Managing the process of delivery notes and invoices
- Updating procurement documentation and processes.
- Supporting supplier audits and liaising with suppliers over the code of practice.
- Taking the lead in stock takes.
- Being present and hands on in the workplace to support projects.
- Carrying out additional duties as requested by the Engineering manager.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in purchasing ideally within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Engineering and ISO9001 knowledge preferred
- Relevant purchasing qualification
- Experience of participating in stock takes.
- Working knowledge of Import / Export Processes
- Attention to detail and high accuracy.
- Valid UK driving license.