IntaPeople are looking for a Buyer to operate within a team an established Purchasing Team based in Cardiff. The successful candidate will be accountable for strategic sourcing and all commercial negotiations, delivering cost improvement programs on a daily basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive Strategic Sourcing strategy for every category of expenditure across the business
- Monitor and report on key commodity market pricing and provide forecast to wider business
- Prepare Contracts and Supply Agreements as required
- Identify supply risk areas and provide adequate security of supply
- Initiate and project manage cost reduction activities through to implementation
- Liaising with the Q.C./Production /R&D and Supplier to maintain agreed quality levels and contributing to supplier rating data.
- Contribution to make vs buy decision making
- New product representative for purchasing defining supplier selection and all contract terms, working closely with R&D
- Report on KPI dashboard, with detailed data analysis
- Maintain excellent relationships both internally and externally with regular site and supplier visits.
Skills & Experience
- Ideally CIPS qualified
- Previous experience working in a purchasing function within a Manufacturing company
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident negotiator and able to deal with complex procurement activities
- Experience of dealing with Far East Suppliers is advantageous