IntaPeople are looking for a Commodity Buyer to work within a Commodity Management team.
You will be responsible for delivering a future proofed, high quality, low cost, agile supply chain to the tactical supply chain team, working with NPI and production engineering on cost and capacity improvements through DFMA and outsourcing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Developing models to accurately determine gaps and opportunities within mechanical category
- Creating strategies and executing tactics to optimise the supply chain.
- Finding new suppliers for cost, capacity, quality and capability improvements. Creating a truly agile supply chain at lowest possible cost
- Creating regional sourcing models and identifying relevant suppliers within the regions
- Working with the quality department for new suppler audit and first article approval.
- Working with production engineering and engineering for DFMA for NPI and cost reduction activities
- Achieving cost reduction target year on year and ensuring a future proof supply chain against an ongoing growth pattern within the business
- Handover of suppliers fit for purpose to tactical purchasing team.
- Developing existing suppliers who are under performing or into new areas of capability
- Creating, monitoring and improving against a backdrop of KPI’s aligned to internal and external customer requirements
- Global and regional supply chain initiatives.
- LCC sourcing
Skills & Experience
- Good IT Skills (minimum Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- MCIPS qualified or degree equivalent
- Previous experience in Mechanical Commodity / category management - 8-10 years’ experience.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings
- Ability to understand manufacturing, machining and fabrication techniques and a good understanding of modern materials
- Exposure to DFM/DFA techniques.
- Experience in purchasing within a scientific or technical sector is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience in supply chain strategic management & replenishment mechanisms
- Strong negotiation prowess
- Strong, resilient and confident work ethic.
- Good communication skills