Reporting to the Senior Purchasing Manager, we are seeking a Buyer for a 12-month fixed-term contract, covering maternity to start in March 2021.
To apply for the Buyer position, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree in a Supply Chain or Logistics Management category – or equivalent experience
- Good IT Skills (minimum Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- CIPS accreditation preferred
- Willingness in developing key account management skills
- Experience in the use of Oracle or similar ERP systems
Working alongside an existing Procurement Team, the successful Buyer will be responsible for providing best practice methodology in all Supply chain functions. This will include carrying out and assisting in the following:
- Demonstrate key expedite capability.
- Lead time reduction initiatives.
- Manage Key / critical OEM / Mechanical accounts.
- Report and demonstrate key stakeholder management.
- Undertake problem-solving and trouble-shooting.
- Develop cost reduction initiatives.
- Develop inventory reduction initiatives.
- Develop good relationships with current suppliers and evaluate new suppliers
- Summarise results in a written report or presentations.
- Global supply chain & logistic initiatives.
- Contribute constructively to the work of project teams for new product introduction and Outsourcing processes.
For immediate consideration and a confidential callback, apply now.