We are working with a fantastic company in cental Cardiff that is currently seeking an experienced Business Analyst to join their growing IT team.
You will report to their Business Systems Manager and work with staff and their clients to understand, suggest improvements, and document (using workflows and formal requirements documents), existing IT solutions, and create the specifications for new systems.
You will deal with senior management and be required to liaise between business divisions and the IT team and discuss IT projects, providing ideas and suggestions to benefit the firm from the use of IT.
Some of the benefits include: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, Two Corporate Social Responsibility days, Birthday day off, Death in service insurtance, pension scheme, Hybrid working, Employee Assistance Programme
Discounts for local businesses, Professional fees paid (subject to requirement for your role).
Duties will include:
- Investigation, analysis and review of existing IT systems.
- Documenting new and existing work flows and business processes.
- Setting up and running workshops to facilitate the analysis of current working practices.
- Feasibility studies and business case development.
- Receiving assignments in the form of objectives and establishing own milestones.
- Risk and benefit tracking of all projects
- Defining business requirements, scoping and planning projects.
- Responsibility for IT projects, agreeing project plans and following them through to a successful conclusion.
If you have IT experience in using workflow drawing software and project management software that would be ideal.
Qualifications, skills and experience
A business analyst and a project management qualification, and a computing or business degree, are all extremely beneficial. You will have had experience implementing solutions to a senior level within large organisations.
Effective communication skills are a prerequisite along with the ability to liaise effectively, and appropriately, within a multi-stakeholder environment.
Some flexibility with regards to hours of work is required.
If this sounds of interest to you please apply now for further details, thanks!