Looking for a Cloud Security Engineer role where you can have a real impact and be involved in choosing which tools are used? We’re helping our client in Horsham find a SME with excellent stakeholder management skills on a remote basis with visits to the office once every month either to the Horsham HQ or London.
- A big portion of this role is focused on liaising with stakeholders and the CISO team, so previous experience in this and a friendly yet pragmatic approach is essential.
- We are looking for an experienced Cloud Security Engineer who can hit the road running; so you’ll have 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role, specifically within Azure.
- You will have a basic understanding of containerisation technology such as Docker, K8 and EKS/AKS as well as DevOps tools including GitHub and Ansible.
- We are looking for someone with expertise in privileged access management, vulnerability management, secure remote access, secrets management and access control
- As a SME in your field, you will share your knowledge base by coaching and mentoring others within the team.
About the company..
- The client is a household name and have been a leader in the industry for almost 3 decades, which means they can offer job security and an impressive list of benefits including a 11% pension, annual bonus, private medical and 25 days annual leave (plus 8 BH) to name a few.
- They have launched a Cloud Centre of Excellence, so you’ll be joining a brand-new team. You will be an integral part of the team with the opportunity to help influence which tools and frameworks they implement.
- The head office is in Horsham and there is another office in London. The role is mainly remote, with visits to either of these offices once or twice per month.
About the role
- In this role you will help design and best practice guidance and support for the services we offer on our public cloud platforms.
- You will support and continuously enhance the existing security services for Cloud; there are a number of security services in place but not built in. They have Microsoft tooling such as Sentinel on the infrastructure side and other security tools that are not on the cloud, so you will have an input in choosing which direction they will take.
- There is a big focus on stakeholder management and interaction; this role sits across the CISO team and will discuss the wider ‘what is going on’ in the CISO with senior managers.
- You will provide technical knowledge at all stages of the delivery lifecycle, including consultancy to stakeholders
- Identify and implement technically complex designs and/or environment solutions to meet the Security control directives
- Capture and share knowledge and ensuring use of documentation within engineering teams
- Build good working relationships with both technical and business stakeholders, gaining their respect and trust based on your knowledge and professionalism
‘Apply Now’ to be considered or contact Kim Gibbons for a confidential chat.