Our client is a global healthcare communications consultancy with a mission to make people healthier and happier through life-changing medical education and communications.
Their medical education division is staffed by academic scientists, medical writers, and healthcare marketing experts. Their award-winning work includes medical and scientific strategy development, multichannel marketing and events and creative education programmes for their clients in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
Importantly, they are a people-first business. They prioritise, grow, and develop their individual passions. The outcomes are life-changing for their team, their business and for the healthcare landscape.
They are looking for an exceptional Account Manager to join their growing team that is currently supporting clients within the fields of oncology, cardiovascular disease, dermatology, influenza, women’s health, rare diseases and more.
The Account Director is a pivotal role within their Medical division and is responsible for undertaking day-to-day leadership of one or more client accounts, ensuring programmes are delivered effectively, professionally and in-line with the agreed strategy, specifications and budget, while maintaining the very highest standards of compliance. The Account Director will develop relationships with clients and healthcare professionals and demonstrate strong competencies in strategic counsel.
The Account Director will independently manage medical communications programmes from strategic concept, through to implementation, ensuring appropriate allocation of tasks between team members and providing updates to the Associate Director/Director as required. The Account Director will have strong financial management skills and is responsible for forecasting, budgeting and reconciling of projects. Together with senior colleagues, the Account Director should also be competent in business development, including supporting proposals, new business pitches and developing organic growth plans.
The Account Director will contribute to the management of the division, being part of the divisional Leadership Team, and may have one or more direct reports.
- Salary from £53,000
- Share Scheme
- Annual Bonus
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Incredible modern office space
- Strong team atmosphere
- Autonomy over projects and progression
- A degree (or equivalent relevant experience) in a life sciences or clinical discipline (BSc, MSc, PhD)
- Typically, at least 5 years of prior experience in a client-facing project or account management role in a medical communications, or similar, agency environment
- Experience of account planning and financial management
- Experience leading large programmes, preferably in a global environment
- Experienced with line management
- Experienced with business development
- A strong command of the English language, and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing