1st Line Helpdesk Support Advisor
£21,000 & benefits & shift allowance & overtime
Looking to find a Service Desk role that inflates your salary with overtime, provides ongoing training as well as a progression plan for your career development? We are helping our client based in Cardiff to scale their technical team with 1st line support engineers who want to work within a collaborative team and can add value across multiple workstreams within the business.
About the company…
· The company offers and encourages training and progression, there have been frequent promotions within the current team, and they provide ongoing support to your career development.
· The technical teams keep the company at the forefront of technology and as the company scales in projects and size, they have an exciting IT department that are constantly thinking of new ways to improve their functions.
· You will be a generalist rather than specialising in one area; this role has a focus on end user support so you will be a great communicator with strong customer service skills.
· You have an inquisitive nature and want to constantly develop your skills.
· You believe the best way to really understand technical capabilities is to break things to build them back up, or you just like designing your own solutions.
About the role…
- The role is fully office-based so it is necessary to live within a commutable distance from the Cardiff office. You must be UK based and happy to call in for the occasional meeting, though.
- With a largely remote task force, this role is very much end user support and supporting remote desktops
- Identifying frequently occurring issues and coordinating with respective teams as needed
- Working with all IT departments to facilitate issue resolution of problems elevated by the service desk team.
- Monitoring escalations
- Trending of incidents to identify problems.
- Managing and updating the Service Desk knowledge base
- Managing multiple, high-priority issues simultaneously
- Identify, propose, and enforce escalation process improvements.
- Actively and willingly share expertise and coach others.
- Make clear recommendations for action rather than presenting options.
- Organise consistent lines of communication to ensure issues are correctly identified.
- Pursue regular updates from problem owners and cascade information back to Service Desk staff
- Attend CAB meetings, assess change risk and ensure the Service Desk can continue to deliver consistent quality standards to customers.
The technology / experience needed…
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems
- Good understanding of Microsoft Windows 10
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office suite
- Good understanding of PC and server hardware architecture, building, configuring and installation
- Good understanding and ability to troubleshoot TCP / IP Networking
- Previous experience of VOIP/telephony
- Working knowledge of network technologies
Next steps… Easy, apply for the role and we’ll be in touch.